Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Girl means Happy Mommy

I was totally amazed at how well Baylee did when I dropped her off at daycare Monday morning. She is not one of those children that will just go to anyone so as we pulled into the parking lot of her new daycare I felt sick to my stomach. I was so worried that she was going to have a total meltdown. As we were walking to the entrance I was tried to make her understand that this was her new "school". On the door her her classroom they had made a sign that said "Welcome our newest starfish BAYLEE". The entire daycare is nautical themed. When we walked in her room all the kiddos said "Hey Baylee!". The teacher had been working with the kids to learn her name :). She was acting extremely shy at first but was like a deer in headlights checking out all of the cool toys. One of the little girls in the classroom assured me that "I play wit her". After about 10 minutes passed she decided to dive right in and play. I waited around for a few minutes to be sure she was okay and after a quick kiss I was on my way. I am proud to say that I called just once throughout the day to check on her and they said she was doing awesome!
These pictures were taken before daycare. Like always she was not wanting her picture taken so she tried to hide under the dining room table.

This daycare really works with children on potty training. They have a potty timer in the room and every 15 minutes when it goes off the teachers take them to the restroom. I could not believe that after just one day there she came home and tee-teed on the potty 3 times with no accidents and slept for more than 10 hours during the night and woke up the following morning dry! HALLELUJAH! I know we have a ways to go before we can call her "potty trained" but this is a great start.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Yay Baylee! I'm so glad she did well :) Kisses from the Davis Babies (and Mommy!)