Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What do you do when you're "snowed in"? Play in it of course!

The last weekend of January was the most snow Carl and I have seen since we have lived in Tennessee (almost 7 years). We get dusting's of snow each year but never this much. We even shut down at work at noon so we could be home before the roads got too icy. I think we ended up with about 4 inches of snow. I parked my car in the garage Friday afternoon and did not move it until Monday morning when I headed to work.
These two were taken early Saturday morning. Waiting on Daddy to wake up so we could go play!As you can tell us Brewer's weren't too prepared for the snow. Poor Baylee looks like a little hobo. She was wearing fleece pants under her overalls, 2 pair of socks under her rain boots, a long sleeve shirt, zip up hoodie, and her jacket. This is her "I'm not too sure about all this white stuff" look.As you can see she came around and LOVED it!She fell down quite a bit!Redneck snow sledding...."You MIGHT be a redneck if you try sledding on the top of a Rubbermaid container." FYI...IT DOESN'T WORK!

Not even for a 28 pound youngin'The walkway to our front door was completely coveredIt may look like we were outside for hours (due to all of the pictures) but really it was only about 45 minutes. Baylee would have stayed outside ALL day had Mommy's face not felt like stone. Really at one point I couldn't feel my lips move. We went inside, peeled off all the layers of clothing and thawed out for a bit. It was lunch time and shortly after lunch time comes nap time.After lunch and a nap we suited back up to head outside for round 2.

She reminds me of a little penguin in this picture :)

Making snow angels with my angel. She thought it was funny that I was laying down in the snow.

2 comments:

Stormie's Mommy said...

I love those pictures of her inside. So cute! And the one of you and her. So sweet!

Avery's Mommy said...

Can you believe the entire South got a snow day? it was sooo much fun! Great pics :)