Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kassi's Graduation Weekend Part 1

Back in May Carl, Baylee and I traveled to Louisiana for my sister's high school graduation. My Dad has the most generous boss EVER! They offered to let us use their house on the lake for Kassi's Senior party the Saturday following her graduation. THEN they said "ya'll just stay the weekend". So we did :). It was a BUSY BUSY weekend. We drove down on Wednesday night after having worked all day. We made it to Vidalia in record time. 7 hours and 40 minutes. Not bad considering we have a potty trained 2 year old. We kept her fluids low and only stopped twice. Baylee has always been such an awesome rider. The first time we made the trip to Louisiana with her she was just 5 weeks old! Anyway back to the post, on Thursday Kassi had graduation practice at 9:00 a.m. and then brunch at the First Baptist Church afterwards. When she was done with that she and I set out to get pedicure's (her first) while NeNe and Baylee headed to the lake.
When we arrived this is what we found. My poor Daddy had been working days and nights and getting very little sleep. Poor Fella!Carl and the HUGE fish he caught while we were gone that morning ;)Baylee and Bubba walking across the bridge. She called the pier "the bridge" all weekend. Oh and the lake was "a river". No clue where that came from??Oh how Baylee LOVES Toby! The Ferguson's BEAUTIFUL lake side property!Bubba caught a tiny little fish and Baylee immediately told him to throw it back into the river!So of course he obliged to her command ;)We spent the remainder of the afternoon relaxing on the lake. Later that evening NeNe, PawPaw, Baylee, Kassi and myself left to go to Kassi's softball banquet. Carl and Bubba stayed behind to fish. Which is EXACTLY what they did all weekend!
When I tell you my sister is an amazing athlete I feel that it a bit of an understatement. The girl has MAD skills when it comes to softball. She has always been passionate about the game even when she was a little girl. She received a lot of awards that night. I was gushing! And to be honest I even teared up a bit. When she did grow up so fast?? Overnight??
The 4 awards she received was Highest Batting Average (.444), Golden Glove award (least # of errors on the team), Team Captain (voted on by the players), and an award for lettering all 4 years of high school.Kassi with her team (Lady Vikings) and all of their awards3 of the 4 SeniorsCoach ParnhamAssistant Coach Mr. ParnhamAssistant Coach Amanda Winfield Sisters!
Sorry Kass, I had to ;)

1 comment:

Papaw said...

What an amazing weekend , I will never forget the memories , being sick and all , wish I could do it all again this weekend =) I love ya with all my heart