Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

18th Annual Tom King Classic

On Saturday March 10 I participated in my second 5K. Some of the physical therapy department at TOA asked if I wanted to do it with them. Here is Sara and I before the race. The starting line was at LP Field in Nashville.
 I was at the finish line when Sara crossed so I was able to snap a picture.
 My official time was 30:27. I finished 21st in my age group out of 47 runners. I was really happy with my time. I did Sherrie's Run in September of last year and I finished just under 35 minutes so BIG improvement.

Sara and I after the race 
 Sara and Leah after the race
I am now on the hunt for a 10K. I was planning to run one at the end of this month but hurt my foot pretty bad so I took nearly 2 weeks off from running. Now that the foot seems to be healed I am ready to RUN!