Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 1, 2012

Hendersonville Classic 10K

A new friend asked if I wanted to run in the Hendersonville Classic 10K with her on Memorial Day.  All proceeds for the race go to the Cumberland Crisis Pregnancy Center. I have ran two 5K's, I run 5+ miles on the treadmill pretty easily but the thought of running 6.2 miles outside with no AC! I was nervous! lol The race started at 7:30 a.m. and it was around 80 degrees when the race started. There were 4 steep hills that were pretty tough. I crossed the finish line in 1:11 minutes. Had it not been so hilly I probably would have had a much better time. Also, Mary and I stayed together until the very end so we did walk a couple of times after those hills. When it was over I was glad I decided to do it with her. I don't plan to do any more races until September and October when I have two 5K's and the women's half marathon. 

No comments: