Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Father's Day went a little something like this.  Baylee was up at the crack of dawn, as usual, so we decided to make pancakes for Daddy before getting ready for church.
Rarely do I make pancakes so they didn't turn out that grand. Baylee and I ate the first few so at least Daddy had the ones that looked a bit better.
 After church Baylee wanted to build a castle..so that's just what we did.
Terrible Mom award goes to me right here. I didn't get a single picture with Baylee and her Daddy. Maybe because Daddy took a FOUR HOUR NAP. Yep that's right....4 hours! I guess he is entitled on his special day. We did head over to Marble Slab after his lovely "little" nap for some ice cream for dinner. :)
We did go on a bit of a shopping spree on Saturday. Baylee turns the big 0-4 in just 2 short weeks!! We will be heading to Louisiana this year to celebrate Dinosaur Train Style (insert eye rolling). The child is anything but deprived. However, the majority of her clothes are from last summer. Luckily she is still a skinny minny and is still wearing 24 month shorts so we were good in that department. However, her body has grown in length so all of her shirts are too short for her torso. So I mostly got her some tops and just a couple of dresses because they were too stinkin' cute to pass up! Gotta love Gymboree and Children's Place.

2 comments:

Stormie's Mommy said...

Cute clothes. How can she wear so much white and keep it clean?
wanted to add a little pancake recipe that we love and its easy!
Flour
Butter milk (key ingredient)
regular milk
sugar
egg
vanilla flavoring (about 1 tsp or a little more)
dash of cinnamon.
It is very yum.
I do not measure just mix till smooth and then pour them up very thin and small. I also always cook mine on a griddle so they do not stick as bad.
Good luck :)
Hoping to make it to the party!

Baylee's Mommy said...

White clothes are normally worn for nice occassions (birthday parties, church, ect). I do put her in white tops for school some days but on those days I do not send anything red for lunch that could stain them. I plan accordingly :). If all else fails, I get Carl's grandmaw to get the stain out. She can get just about anything out of clothes!!
Thanks for the recipe. I don't cook breakfast that often so I haven't had much practice :)