Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 2, 2009

Audrey's Baby Shower 9/26/09

Last Saturday I helped co-host my very first baby shower. It was held at my house so I think that added to the stress level because everything had to be just "so" before the guest arrived. LOTS of cleaning and decorating was involved.
I found this GREAT idea online to use clothes line wire and string it above a room and hang baby clothing. Luckily I had several newborn onesies from when Baylee was a tee tiny baby so it was a cheap and cute decoration.My friend Alisha was the other host. She MADE this BEAUTIFUL diaper cake! She and I are convinced she could start her own business making cakes and DIAPER cakes. And the actual cake. Alisha was going to make an awesome cake for the shower. However, she got sick the day before and did not feel comfortable preparing and baking a cake while feeling under the weather. So the day of the shower she headed to Publix and bought a cake that was already made and she added a few extra touches. When she got home and started getting things together for the baby shower her cat jumped up onto the counter top and knocked the cake onto the floor! GASP! She called me all upset and had to go purchase a second cake. This time she stopped at Kroger in Hendersonville and this was the only cake they had that was pink. The wooden duck was suppose to go on top the diaper cake but when the cake didn't quite turn out the way Alisha wanted she improvised and used it on the eatable cake. :) Sweet Averly is always smiling. The guest of honor herself. 4th time Mamma to be. She is finally getting a girl!Liz use to work at an office in my building. She had baby Tessa back in June. I was so glad she was able to come and bring her sweet baby along. Audrey got lots of great gifts and LOTS of cute girl clothes!Averly modeling Zoe's bib.Ele enjoying playing with Baylee's toys while she was not there :) I asked her "Ele can you smile so I can take your picture?". Her response...."yeah sure." Man I wish Baylee was that easy!Yarn around the belly game. Everyone was WAYYY off! It was hysterical! Baylee showed up after a lot of the guests had already left. She and Ele had a blast running around together and playing with balloons.

I wanted to take pictures of Audrey with each of her friends at the shower. However, I got busy doing other things so I missed about 5 people as they were leaving so I missed those opportunities.

Audrey, Liz and Tessa

with Alison and AverlyOut of 113 pictures taken from the shower I managed to get in one of them :)The shower was a complete success in my book and I was thrilled that my punch and 7 layer dip was devoured!

1 comment:

Jami Ainsworth said...

Love the clothes line idea. I've seen this in birth annoucements and have thought about doing it for newborn portraits...though at the moment I can't remember the catching phrase that ties the clothesline in with the birth annoucement. And now I am "officially" not doing annoucements. Still a cute idea!