Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Conversation with Jolly Ole' Saint Nick

Tonight I took Baylee to see Santa Claus. For weeks she has been talking about Santa bringing her, and I quote "toys and presents and candy and Woody and Buzzyear". In that exact order. I haven't taken her to see Santa the past two years because she has been absolutely horrified of the big man dressed in red. We have been talking about Santa for sometime now. I decided today that I would take her to see him after her nap. Finally around 4:30, after a 3 1/2 hour nap, I took her to see Santa. She was a bit shy at first but after bribing her with a sucker and a train ride she finally obliged. Here is a little bit of their conversation.
B: "Hey do you have a sleigh?"
Santa: "I sure do. It's at the North Pole. It's much too big to fit in here (mall).
B: "Where's the reindeer?"
Santa: "They are at the North Pole too."
B: "Hey can I go to the North Pole wiff you?"
Santa: "Noooo you have to stay here with all the other children so we can finish making the toys for Christmas."
Mommy: "And it's much too cold at the North Pole" :)
Santa: "So what do you want for Christmas?"
B: "Ummmmm, toys, and presents, and candy, and Woody and Buzzyear"
Santa: "Oh ok you want candy in you stocking?" (probably didn't understand the rest of what she said)
B: Interrupting him while talking "Hey is this your house?" (a large cardboard cutout of a house where the pictures were being taken)
Santa: "Yes this is my temporary house where I am staying until Christmas Eve."

That is pretty much the gist of it. She has gone on and on about Santa since getting home.

No comments: