Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 7, 2008

6 month stats....

Last Tuesday I started coming down with a stomach bug. It only seemed to occur at night so I just brushed it off thinking maybe it was something I was eating. Well it continued and Thursday night I was up probably 5-6 times. I called my my nurse friend Holly (she was working that night) to ask if she thought I needed to go to the hospital. Her advice was to see a doctor ASAP because I was at high risk for dehydration. Well I called in to work sick on Friday. My plan was to drop Baylee off at daycare EARLY so I could get in early to see the doctor and then have the rest of the afternoon to sleep (being that I got ZERO sleep the night before). Well of course my doctors office had NO appointments until 1:45. SO I called Baylee's pediatricians office to see if they had any appointments available EARLY A.M. for her 6 month check-up. They had one available at 9:45 so I threw some clothes on, got her bag together and headed out the door. We were able to see Dr. Tina..who we LOVE! Ok so here are the stats. Baylee weighed in at a whopping 14 pounds 15.9 oz (she's in the 29th percentile). She is 25 3/4 inches long (49th percentile) and her head is 17 1/4 inches (83 percetile). She is very LONG and skinny. Dr. said no need to worry. She is just a VERY active baby and burns LOTS of calories : ). She is advanced in her motor skills as far as her age goes. She is already sitting-up unassisted and when you grab her hands she immediately begins to stand and gets her feet under her bottom so she can pull herself up!!! NO KIDDING! When we lean her against the coffee able she stands up ALONE! We are still waiting for her to begin babbling DADA and MAMA!! She got all of her shots but she does have to go back in a month to get the second part of her flu vaccine. We are now able to give her stage 2 foods and have started introducing the sippy cup. She hasn't quite figured it out yet. She pretty much just chews on it. She is teething and it looks like her canine teeth will be the first to cut through! We are hoping SOON!!! She is out of her regular all night sleeping due to teething. As for me...I'm fine! It was just a stomach bug and I was given a prescription just incase my stomach still gave me fits. I asked about Baylee getting it and my doctor said not likely as long as I was careful. I will try and get some pics and post them later!

No comments: