Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Afternoon at the park

So I haven't posted in a while and A LOT has gone on. I am now working in Brentwood and I am enjoying the change. The people are great, it is VERY fast paced but I love it so far. On Tuesday afternoon I got a call from daycare and Baylee had a temp of 102.5. Carl was working nights filling in for someone so he couldn't leave so I had to be the one to get her. I hadn't even been working at the new place for a whole week yet so I was very worried what my boss would say. She was so understanding (she has an 8 year old daughter) and I was able to leave work at 3:00 and get Baylee in to see the doctor at 4:00. When I got in to see the doctor her temp was up to 103.1! She was burning me up just holding her. After meeting with the pediatrician it was determined that she had an ear infection in just one ear (1st ear infection since getting the tubes 3 months ago). She also has a funky cold on top of it so the last several days haven't been the easiest. Last night was the first night since Tuesday that she has slept completely through. And today is the first day she has went without fever. Praise God! Now back to the post....
Since Baylee has been cooped up and sick since early in the week I decided to take her to the park in Hendersonville. I have never been before but have passed by it several times. I took a few pieces of bread because I knew there were LOTS of ducks to feed. Now, on to pics Unfortunately those are the only pics I got with the ducks. We were standing next to a HUGE pond filled with ducks but my dare devil child wouldn't allow me to have my camera in hand when standing next to the water because she wanted to jump right in with the duckies :)
After feeding the ducks bread for a while we headed over to the AWESOME playground nearby.
At first she looked a little overwhelmed with all of the bigger kids running around and since she had never been there before. She soon warmed up and the slide was a HUGE hit!Once the sun started to go down we headed back to the pond to feed the ducks the last of our bread and we headed home. I think we may go back tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

Where did your baby go????