Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

3 years old and showing no signs of slowing down

Last Monday morning I took Baylee for her 3 year check-up. I called at the end of June to schedule the appointment and that was the first available time and date they had. GEESH!
Baylee seems to be one healthy, happy kid. She was not at all interested in taking off her shoes ((GASP)) and stepping on the scale to get her weight. See, Baylee has this thing about her feet. She always has. She doesn't like her feet to be dirty, and she doesn't want "stuff" stuck to the bottom of her feet when she puts her shoes on. When we leave the pool I have to wipe her feet dry before putting her "fee-fops" (flip flops) on. Anyway with much bribing on my part, as well as the nurses, she got on the scale. She weighed in at 30 pounds even and 37 inches tall. That puts her in the 25th percentile for her weight and the 50th percentile for her height.
Before being ushered to the room to wait on the doctor the nurse then asked me if "she had ever peed in a cup before". I am not going to lie. This TOTALLY caught me off guard. I quickly responded by saying "ummm no!" She said "do you think you can get her to?"  Luckily they had some sort of contraption you can set down in the toilet to catch it for you. This is probably a little too much information but I just want to prepare those for what's to come! :)
The doctor came in and asked tons of questions and told me that she is now ready for her first dental visit. I am dreading that day. She didn't want the nurse touching her to get her measurements, much less have someone poking and prodding in her mouth!
The tube in her left ear has fallen out and the one in her right ear has come out of the drum and is now sitting in the canal. It is only a matter of time before it falls out as well. She has had them in since she was 13 months old. They definitely served their purpose. Since getting tubes she has only had 2 ear infections and no other issues. I was then told that Baylee was going to be getting a shot. At her 2 year well check-up I was told that she was done with vaccinations until she was ready to go to kindergarten. Apparently things have changed since then so she had to have another Prevnar shot. She did pretty well. Only cried for a short time and then we were on our way.
A funny side note, she milked the whole thing for all it was worth. She used that shot to her advantage soaking up all the sympathy she could get. Carl said that when they got home that afternoon she started limping and whining that her leg was hurting. On the contrary a little birdie told me (her teacher) that she hadn't slowed down the entire day. Little FIBBER!

No comments: