Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baylee Marie is 3!

It has been almost a full month since we celebrated Baylee's 3rd birthday. It is so hard to believe that I now have a 3 year old. The last two years we've held Baylee's birthday party outdoors and it was almost unbearable for the adults. We had some sort of water activities for the kids. This year I checked on pricing at a few different places for an indoor party. Since Baylee's birthday falls on a holiday we will always be able to be off work to celebrate. This year it fell on a Sunday. Luckily everyone that we knew was coming happened to be off the following day. We lucked up and was able to have her party on Monday as opposed to a weekend so we saved a lot of money.
Baylee shortly after arriving to Monkey Joe's.

I was a little worried at first because she only seemed to want to play on the riding toys that took change to ride. I have no idea how much change NeNe went through with Baylee riding over and over again.

Onto the sliding!




Daddy giving her a boost.


Emily
Chloe Burch. Baylee and I attended her 3rd birthday party back in March.

Grace was able to come back again this year for Baylee's birthday. We sure loved having her here. She is SO special to our family!

We had Publix make Baylee's cake this year. Last year my friend Alisha made the cake but I didn't want her to spent her 4th of July baking all day. Since we had the party at Monkey Joe's I thought I would stick with that theme and do a monkey cake. Somewhere between Publix and the party destination there were a few "malfunctions" with the cake. OOOPS!
Alayna Lyon (Alisha's daughter). She is a model in the making. No really she is! She is signed with a modeling/talent agency here in Nashville.

Some of the party guests not partaking in the sliding.  They really missed out!
Next year I may check into having her party at an arcade. The kid loved all of the games they had.
It was hilarious watching her play this. She was throwing the ball overhanded instead of rolling it under and everyone around would duck when she would wind her arm back to throw.
Kassi eventually stepped in to keep someone from getting hurt.
 And a family photo before heading into the party room. We have so very few of these. I love it!
 
This girl LOVES cake. She couldn't wait to dig in.
This picture makes me laugh. It looks as if Baylee is rolling her eyes at me. Knowing her she very well could be. 
Bay and Grace


I knew that at some point Monkey Joe himself was going to make an appearance. I warned our party coordinator in advance that I didn't know how Baylee would react. When we came here last year and Baylee spotted Joe across the room her eyes got huge and she held on to me for dear life. I don't know why I thought this time would be any different. If you look close you can see ole' Joe is standing back away from us with his arm stretched way out with a gift for her in his hand.

Baylee kept saying "Mommy he scare me".

The cake made it all better!



With Maw Maw Dot

Presents!
My sister and I
Just a couple of big kids.
Jody Sahs and I. She is such an awesome friend!
The birthday girl's parents :)
The party turned out to be a complete success. Everyone that came seemed to have had a really great time. I know the party girl did. And that's really all that matters to me.

2 comments:

Shoshanah said...

Just blog-hoping today and stumbled on yours. I figured it made sense to post a hello, since we posted such similar entries today! I love those huge inflatable slides, and only wish they were around when I was little.

Stormie's Mommy said...

I love those last pics of ya'll. Wish we had more indoor places close to do parties in. Stormie's was this weekend and it was so HOT!!!