Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

July 4, 2010

On this day we no longer only celebrate our freedom and independence as Americans. We now also celebrate the birth of Baylee Marie Brewer. Born July 4, 2007 at 7:41 a.m. at Hendersonville Medical Center weighing in at 7 lbs. 15 oz and 20 inches long. I'm sure there were thousands upon thousands of babies born on that very day. However, on that day at Hendersonville Medical Center Baylee was the ONLY baby born. There were 7 women in labor when I arrived at the hospital the afternoon of July 3 but not one the day of the 4th. We actually watched the fire works from my hospital room the night she was born. I think her "birth story" is pretty spectacular. Just like her!
We didn't have much planned for Baylee's birthday day. It was on Sunday so we all got around and got ready for church. That sure was interesting. Six people getting dressed and out the door for church by 8:15. We were in such a rush that I didn't get to take any pictures of the birthday girl. Since I had to stay to keep nursery for the 2nd hour everyone else headed home. I asked Mamma to get some pictures of Baylee before changing her clothes. Welp she was unsuccessful at getting a picture of her alone. She did mange to get some with both Baylee and Grace.

Beautiful sweet girl
After lunch and a nap we headed to the pool.

Trying to get Kassi some SUN! LOL
When we got back to the house Carl had just finished grilling. We had a delicious dinner! Afterwards the girls decided they wanted to color.
It turned out to be a pretty low key day and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

2 comments:

Avery's Mommy said...

Looks like she had a fun day! I love that princess costume. Adorable! That is a neat birth story too.

I think you and Baylee need matching aprons. Check out my $50 giftcard giveaway - for a good cause! http://miraclenamedavery.blogspot.com/2010/07/50-gift-card-giveaway-for-good-cause.html

theglenns556 said...

Super impressed you kept the nursery on Baylee's bday and with family in town. Most people would have just skipped and left them in a bind. You will now be my example of commitment for nursery workers! :-)