Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dining Room re-do is complete!

I don't have any before pictures to post so I will go right into how it looks now.  Before the walls were a beige color, as was the entire house.  Carl and I were going back and forth between yellow and grey.  I wanted grey and he wanted yellow.  I sent him to the paint store alone because Baylee was taking a nap and guess what??  He won!  I panicked a bit when I saw the color but I have to say that now I LOVE it!  It took a few coats to cover the beige but it is now gone and the room appears to be much larger and brighter.

We picked up this large clock for Pier One Imports on clearance for $50.00. We both love it!


Before we didn't have any curtains in the dining room....just faux white wood blinds.  I have been wanting blinds in this room since we moved in.  I think curtains in a dining room makes it more formal.

I ordered a pair of panels from Overstock.com that came in on Friday and I wan't a fan.  They were too dark for the room and didn't fall all the way to the floor.  I am sending them back tomorrow.  I made a run to Target on Saturday to make a second attempt at getting the right curtains.  When I got them home and put up they just didn't fit the space like I wanted either.  Again, they were just too dark.  After a second trip to Target I purchased white curtain panels and Carl and I both are pretty pleased with the way they look.

Now to the chandelier.  We did lower it since it was nearly toughing the ceiling.  I still think it needs to come down a bit but that's an easy fix.  I picked up some lamp shades from Hobby Lobby that were 50% off! I snagged the last 5 of them.  I am still on the fence as to whether or not they "go".  Carl isn't a big fan but I they they are cute.  Input would be appreciated :).

Before:
After:

This cute little white hutch we purchased from Overstock.com for only $130.00 including shipping.  I had a 10% off coupon and shipping was only $2.95!  It took Carl about 2 hours to put it together but it turned out so cute.  The piece hanging above we snagged from Home Good for just $39.99.  It looks very rustic in person.
The floating shelves we purchased from Ikea online.  I stole the idea from here.  They were just $29.99 a piece and are 74 inches wide.  We had to buy lots of little nick nacks to fill all the shelves.  Some we already had around the house.


The dining room table we have had since we purchased this house.  We bought it from Ashley Furniture.  The reason Carl and I wanted to go with either a grey or yellow as the wall color is because the fabric in the chairs are yellow and grey stripes.
I really do like the contrast of the dark wood and bright colors. I am  SOOOOO happy with the way it turned out.

And we snagged this little beauty FOR FREE!  Actually she was a gift. :)

3 comments:

Audrey J. said...

I love the chandelier "lamp shades"...or whatever. I think the whole room looks adorable!!! Very nice work, Brewers. :)

Anonymous said...

it looks so good ya'll done a great job as for the special gift nene thinks she is your best work

Alison said...

I really like the room transformation too! I would keep the shades on and lower the light. Great job Shonda!