Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

9 months and growing like a WEED!

Last Friday Baylee turned 9 months old! She went in to see her pediatrician for her 9 month well check that day. She is doing great and don't have to go back until she is a year old! However, since she attends daycare I can almost guarantee she will be back at the doctor before then. She is on antibiotics now for an ear infection in her left ear that developed from a virus she had last week. Here are the stats: Weight: 17 lbs 3.2 oz (21 percentile) Height: 27 1/2 inches (48 percentile) Head: 17 3/4 inches (80 percentile) apparently she has a rather large head :) At the appointment we were given the green light for PEOPLE food! She and I went grocery shopping Sunday afternoon and I bought apples, peaches, bananas, strawberries, turkey weenies and gold fish. When we got home from the store I grabbed a banana and tried giving her a small piece...she wouldn't have any of it! This coming from a kid who LOVES banana BABY FOOD! Monday night I grabbed a wienie out of the fridge and cut it into small pieces...she GAGGED and then silled her lips shut so we couldn't force her to eat it.....this was too funny! LAST night I decided to see how she liked strawberries. So I proceeded to wash just one and cut it up for her. She LOVED it! So I decided to try a weenie again...loved it too! After she ate what I cut up for her I tried sweet peas. It has been a WHILE since I gave them to her. The first time she wouldn't have anything to do with it. This go round I couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough! Guess she likes her sweet peas like her cousin Layton! :)
First time eating strawberries
proof that she ate sweet peas

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stormie's mommy said...

Hey girl thanks for the tip! She will not even nap in her crib or a play pen. I have ruined her ha ha. I feel so secure with her sleeping with me. I have tried the paci and sometimes it will work and other times it does not. She does good some nights and others she does not. But right now she is cutting teeth and also has a cold so that could be a HUGE problem. But thanks for the advise. I will have to make myself think it will be ok for her to sleep in her crib. I just cant do it. ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Lord knows I wish I were there with your momma and kassi, I just know that they are going to ruin that baby this week!!!!

Stormie's mommy said...

hey you gotta update the blog its been awhile. :)