Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Navy Pier

The last stop on our LONG day of walking was The Navy Pier. I was so excited to see it....such a tourist! Before walking onto the pier there was a fountain with lots of little kids playing and getting wet. We used this opportunity to let the babies run and play since they had been confined to their strollers for most of the day, while us marathon walkers sat back and watched on a park bench. The last time I took Baylee to a public fountain she couldn't walk so I was eager to see how she would do.
A few minutes after these next pictures were taken Baylee did a full on face plant! She was running full blast (so what else is new?) and before she could get her hands down she landed face first directly onto the concrete! She busted her nose and her upper lip. Blood was going EVERYWHERE. I, of course, looked like the terrible mom that didn't stop this incident from happening. She SCREAMED at first and then calmed down once I had her. After 10 minutes of crying she was ok. I guess it was the first of what will be MANY boo boos to come. After a LONG day of walking, walking, sightseeing, and more walking we headed back to the car. The LONG walk back to the car that is. My feet had never been in so much pain in my entire life. My hubby, the times study guinness of the world ;), estimated that we probably walked 15 miles during our 8 hour day in Chicago. My best advice to give if you are headed to tour the windy city....have a GREAT pair of walking shoes ;) and NOOOOOOO flip flops for sure!

5 comments:

Alison said...

I had no idea you were snapping away. These are great pics of the city. Next time we should definitely visit the Brookfield Zoo!

Randall Family said...

Shonda! I love your Blog! I didn't even know these blogs existed until recently. I wish I would have known when Elisia was younger! Does anyone else from the familhy have a blog?

By the way, Baylee is ADORABLE!!

Love ya,
Jess

Leah said...

Aww...poor Baylee got a boo boo :( Gavin has become Mr. Accident Prone. He smacks his big ole' head everytime he turns around! LOL Looks like she had fun though!

Randall Family said...

Can you believe the Randall Family will have SIX new additions this year alone? It's crazy! It seems that everyone I know is pregnant! I am just glad its my turn next.
I am so happy for Leah, I knew she was going in today and am super anxious for pictures. I can't even imagine having twins. I am overwhelmed at the thought of just have two kids let alone two the same age!! lol..

I will surely post pics of Kayla soon after she is born... Keep a look out! =)

Randall Family said...

Well that is just nuts! I remember now.I should have known better and added two more just to be safe!! haha!