Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Family Tradition

All of the years I have been with Carl he has talked about his family tradition of going bowling on Christmas Eve. In the five years that we have been married we have only been once. Now that Baylee is getting older we have decided that we want to be HOME for Christmas and not have to spend 16 total hours in the car traveling. So tonight we headed to The Family Fun Center in Hendersonville for some fun family bowling. Since I knew we were to be there at 7:00 p.m. (only 30 minutes shy of Baylee's bed time) I knew I would have to get a late afternoon nap in for her to make it through the night. Well she had a BIG time and didn't get too sleepy until late into the second game of bowling. She is now sleeping soundly waiting for Santa.
Maw Maw Dot and Baylee
And with Uncle Johnny....who by the way JUST got back from Disney World with his family for the third year in a row...I'm jealous!B and Jordan watching the bowlersBowling with Daddy
and watching her ball SLOWLY roll to the pinsCousin Brittney
Sisters
Britt and her hubby Josh
Notice Josh's face. Sorry Josh....I think it's hilarious ;)Uncle Johnny showing us how it's done
Aunt Sister (Marrianne)Maw and Kellye (Uncle Johnny's new bride) were also there but did not bowl. Maw Maw Dot is a pretty great bowler. I was impressed at her mad skills!B using another one of Mommy's turnsWith Baylee's help I won both games! I even got a TURKEY (three strikes in a row) during the first game.
Britt and Maw (93 years young)Baylee's favorite part of the bowling experience was watching the ball come out after the
player had bowled.
We had a great night with the family and look forward to next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea I am so happy that she had such a good time, but I got to be honest, it is absolutly gut wrenching to know that you will have no Christmas tradition's with your Grandchild and you are right, 16 hrs is too much and is all about her. Just make sure that she know's how much papaw and ne-ne miss her.