Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 13, 2008

Seems like everyone is getting the crud these days. Monday night and Tuesday morning Baylee was EXTREMELY fussy! Every evening after I get Baylee home from daycare she is a little fussy. She only want to be held and when we put her down she cries. Carl and I brush it off as she hasn't seen us all day so she wants to be held and also she is just sleepy. Well Monday night even being held she whined and cried. I finally took her upstairs around 7:20 and rocked her for a few minutes and she was out. I figured she was just EXTREMELY exhausted from a long day of playing. I let her sleep Tuesday morning until 6:00 and got her out of bed to start the day. After her bottle she did the same thing. I KNEW something was wrong so I called the doctor and got her an appointment scheduled from Wednesday morning. Come to find out Baylee has double ear infections and a yeast infection. I had NO clue about the ear infection but did know something was wrong with her little bottom area. I thought it was an allergic reaction to whole milk because I have been adding some to each bottle to get her adjusted to the taste before I take her off formula all together when she turns one. Well I was wrong, of course, and it is in fact a yeast infection. She was put on Amoxicillin for the ear infections and a cream for her yeast infection. Well today I got a call from daycare telling me someone has to come get Baylee because they think she has Thrush (highly contagious). I called her pediatricians office and they got her in at 9:50 this morning. She does have the beginning signs of Thrush and luckily we caught it before it spread and got worse. Now we can start treating it. SOO that means she gets anti-biotic twice a day (morning and night), diaper cream for yeast infection after every diaper change, and cream for Thrush four times a day (which is DANGEROUS with those 6 chompers she's got). I was also instructed to boil her pacifiers each night and all her bottle nipples. I am to continue this for 2 weeks until all thrush signs are gone. If nothing else comes up and she shows signs that everything is clearing up, then we don't go back until she is one for her 12 month well check. WHEW!

No comments: