Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Meeting Averly Russell

Alison called me Friday morning on my way to work and told me that her water had broken after dropping RJ off with his sitter. By 10:30 Averly was already born! I wanted to go to the hospital right after work but I already had plans and Carl was keeping Baylee so we went Saturday instead. Carl and I had tickets to the Titan's game that afternoon so we went a few hours before the game to meet Averly. I was nervous as to how Baylee would act in a hospital. I was actually surprised at how well she behaved. We did have to tell her no SEVERAL times but we do that here at home. Baylee did manage to spill Alison's cup of ice all over her own face when she grabbed it off of Alison's side table. It was hilarious! I thought that Baylee would be jealous of the fact that Carl and I were holding another baby but I was wrong. I think she was a little distracted by all of the gadgets that she could get her hands on. Baylee kept saying "babies..babies" OVER AND OVER again.I knew when I saw Averly for the first time that she resembled RJ but looking at the pictures she looks IDENTICAL to RJ when he was born (besides RJ's dark head full of hair). It's amazing the resemblance!And here's some pictures of MY babyCongratultions Russell family. She is BEAUTIFUL!

1 comment:

Alison said...

My oh my, what a beautiful Russell :) thx 4 visiting us in the hospital... we're home now!