Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Finally an update :)

Long time no post :). So we have officially been in the house for a week now. We are pretty much settled in with the exception of our spare bedroom. For now it is storing all of our "what are we going to do with this crap" stuff. It has been quite a week. Carl burned 1 week of vacation moving us in, hanging blinds, buying little things for the house, ect. OH the great fun of purchasing new construction! Anyway, on top of Carl having to use vacation time to help get us settled in he caught a bug. He was VERY much under the weather all last week and is still ailing this week. Baylee had a rough weekend and week as well. She went to the doctor on Monday and tested positive for strep throat. I am 25 years old and can not remember a single time in my life of having strep and my 20 month old baby has it! Oh and on top of that she had a stomach virus last weekend with diarrhea and even vomited once at school last Friday afternoon. I managed to get by with just a sore throat and runny nose after being around these two sickies. I have been wanting to post an update since the first of the week but we lost internet AND cable for4 days....oh how we LOVE Comcast. I am waiting until we are COMPLETELY settled into the house before I post pictures. I will leave you with these pictures of RJ and Baylee from last weekend. They were watching Shrek. Now I am headed to tag Baylee's clothes for the consignment sale.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My baby is getting so big. She as beautiful as ever!

Unknown said...

She really looks like her Pawpaw in these pictures. She is beautiful of course. I know you are all so excited about your new home. I pray you will have lots of great memories and many blessings on you all.

Love
Aunt Dixie

Anonymous said...

Well Dixie I appreciate the complement and I realize the older we get the worse our eyes get , I agree that she is georgeous, but looking like her papaw is a stretch. LOL

Jami Ainsworth said...

I was around 40 before I had strep the first time. I truly believe that there are certain virsus that are in our body--once we get them, we have the repeatedly. Cameron got strep from Emma (Brittany's little sis) years ago. I kept telling him that the the sore throat pain was probably sinus drainage...which is much more common in our household! After some over-the-counter meds, I finally sent him to the MD w/checkbook (it's nice when they get big enough to take themselves!). He had strep...after a week or so..I did too! Wash your hands frequently and maybe you will stay immuned. But I do know we have had it a few times since that time. Also I have never had a fever blister...see what I mean...I do have any nurse or doctor training, but I truly believe that if you can avoid certain viruses...you're in good shape until you're immune system finally gets down enough to latch onto a new one.

I hope you stay well...it is so hard when the mommy is sick!