Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Busy but FUN weekend!

On Friday and my brother and his lady came to stay with us for the weekend.  The main reason for the trip was because Ashley was running the Music City Marathon.  I hadn't seen my brother since Thanksgiving so I was VERY excited!  They made it to our house around 5:45 A.M. on Friday morning. I had to work all day so it was after 5:30 before I was able to get home and really visit. 
Baylee LOVES LOVES LOVES her Bubba. I bet she told him so about 25 times Friday night.

Shortly after I made it home we all changed and headed to Cheddar's for dinner so Ashley could CARB up!


The next morning she had to be up EARLY for the race! She left the house before 5:00 while Carl, Kyle and I headed downtown around 9:30. I brought my camera to try and get pics of her crossing the finish line but as I went to turn on my camera I realized that the battery was dead. :( All the pictures in this post are from my camera phone.

My brother and I hanging out at LP field with THOUSANDS of other people!
We found my friend Holly. Her boyfriend Drew was running the half.
After the race. Don't know how in the heck this girl runs 26.2 miles! This is her 3rd marathon!

She did AWESOME! I even think she inspired me to try to run the half next year! We shall see :)

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

and she looks awesome after running 26.2!!!